888poker has recently launched its first edition of a Gladiator themed PKO tournament – God of the Arena with a $1,000,000 Guaranteed Main Event prize pool. The event took place from 11th to 14th October 2018 and buy-in was only $55.
What is Progressive Knockout (PKO)?
888poker is one of the most popular poker sites in the world. Its masterpiece, a Progressive Knockout (PKO) client has been recently released, which is a real success as it was another long-awaited feature of the new 888poker software.
PKO tournaments are these types of knockout tournaments where players immediately get rewards for knocking out opponent, the reward is wort half their opponent’s cash bounty. The other half is added to player’s bounty, just in case other player eventually knocks him out. The winner collects their own bounty in the end.
In a PKO tournament the player’s bounty grows with every player he eliminates during the tournament. PKO tournament is the opposite of a regular KO tournaments in which each player’s bounty is a fixed amount that does not change throughout the tournament regardless of how far they advance.
Ready, steady, go!
To celebrate this launch with great funfairs, an exciting God of the Arena poker festival featuring 12 knockout bounty events was run from Thursday 11th October 2018 through Sunday the 14th October 2018. With 100 seats GTD daily and min buy-in worth $55, there was a big chance to be a part of $1,000,000 God of the Arena Main Event. Like Gladiators in the ancient Greece, players were competing for a seat, and luckily 100 of them, one after another, qualified for a prized seat to the $1,000,000 Main Event.
Every day between 11th and 13th of October, there was a $1M God of the Arena ME Qualifier Freeroll, where the top 100 players won tickets for the Main Event which was a culmination of all their effort, almost like a laurel wreath on their heads symbolizing the victory.
All they needed to qualify for the freeroll was to eliminate two opponents in a poker tournament or Sit & Go with at least a $1 buy-in. Unfortunately, BLAST tournaments were not part of this promotion.
A few words about 888poker:
• 888 Poker, operated by 888 Holdings plc, is a subsidiary of Cassava Enterprises Ltd
• 888poker is under the laws of Gibraltar
• 888 Holdings plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange
• 888 was launched in 2002, offering players traditional poker games
• 888 Poker has been reviewed and certified by eCorga. Their Random Number Generator (RNG) has been review and verified by an external party.
• 888poker enables a large number of 40 different depositing and withdrawal methods
• 888 is widely known for becoming a World Series of Poker sponsor