Adyen, the leading global payments technology company, today announced that the company has processed $25 billion in payments transactions in 2014 – a close to 80% increase over 2013 – and achieved over 100% growth in terms of revenue and 40% growth in new customer wins.
Pieter van der Does, Adyen CEO:
Other 2014 company milestones, new offerings and growth indicators include:
- Enhanced its global acquiring network with further local capabilities in North America, Brazil and Mexico.
- Hired over 90 new employees, including former Netflix Head of Global Payments Kamran Zaki as President Adyen North America, and former Ingenico Management Board Member, Jean-Marc Thienpoint as Managing Director, Point-of-Sale Solutions. Total number of employees globally now stands at 260.
- Opened a new office in Madrid, relocated North American headquarters to San Francisco, and significantly expanded offices in London, Berlin, and Singapore.
- Added new payment methods including Apple Pay, SEPA Direct Debit (38 European countries), and Dragonpay (Philippines).
- Expanded capabilities for payment methods including Alipay (adding mobile and recurring payments), Interac (Canada), Qiwi (adding recurring payments), JCB (for online and in-store), and UnionPay ExpressPay (for online and in-store).
- Developed an invoice-based payment solution tailored for airlines and travel merchants in partnership with leading e-commerce company, Klarna.
- Won the Best E-Commerce Platform Gateway and Best Alternative Payment Solution Awards at CNP 2014 and Best Omni-Channel Payments Solution for its partnership with Moss Bros at the Retail Systems Payments Awards 2014.